I’ve met up with my art mentor last friday, Jarod Charzewski. We’ve talked about the recap of what we’v discussed last semester.
after he remembered what my project was like, i showed him my coded processing + arduino + LEDs and he said that he wants something more interactive instead of pushing buttons for the light show.

he told me that he’s been working with arduino also and trying to make sense out of it for his next project/showcase.

he recommended me using sensors instead to start up the light show to make it more interactive to the users and audiences.
he gave me an ultrasonic sensor for the arduino and he said to play around with it.

yet i did what he recommended and went with the ultrasensors instead of pushing buttons.

he also told me to make a diorama that’s really meaningful; i told him the theme of my diorama and he said it would be very meaningful and i should carefully map it out.

here’s the demo of the LED + ultrasonic sensors with a series circuit.
instead of detecting something at 10cm, i made it as far as 50cm.

here is a snippet of my code in arduino (no interface anymore with processing):

int trigPin = 13;
int echoPin = 12;
int led = 7;
int led2 = 6;
int led3 = 5;
int led4 = 4;
int led5 = 3;

void setup() {
pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led3, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led4, OUTPUT);
pinMode(led5, OUTPUT);
pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT);
pinMode(echoPin, INPUT);


void loop() {
long duration, distance;
digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW);
duration=pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH);
distance =(duration/2)/29.1;

digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
digitalWrite(led, LOW);
digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
digitalWrite(led, LOW);

….. and so on


today, ill be making my presentation that’s going to be held next week in class; so i’m going to gather up my ideas, codes, pictures, and bibliography and how to add these in the last powerpoint from last semester.

i know there were ideas that i didnt fulfill and didn’t go through but i’m going to try and change those and show how i went from point a to z from my final decision of the project.


playing around with the code and finally made sure that in a certain distance it will pick up what’s in front of the sensor because sometimes it wouldnt pick it up. i’m going to try to do a case-switch-break if i can since there’s a lot of if-else if-else statements.

not much of an update, but doing the presentation slides by adding images and other stuff that is useful. and i think we have a practice presentation today.
Preparing for the mentor meet up tomorrow with professor bares and continuation of the presentation from monday’s.
mentor meet up with the computer science mentor.
got to meet with professor bares and he gave me a lot of input how to make my code better.